Rental Property Meth Testing
Rental properties are big business in New Zealand, and this comes with a lot of legal obligations for property managers and landlords, which is why we provide investment property meth testing.
Meth testing prior to renting out a property gives you a baseline for your insurance company and as best practice provides proof that the property is safe for occupancy. Meth testing pre and post tenancy creates a level of tenant accountability should contamination be found during or at the end of their tenancy.
Meth testing can also be requested by tenants to ensure their family is living in a safe environment. In cases where a pre-tenancy test was not conducted and meth contamination is found, the landlord or property manager is in breach of their obligation to provide a safe and habitable environment.
The Tenancy Tribunal can adjudicate contamination disputes between landlords and tenants. To determine a fair outcome, the Tribunal will consider all evidence presented.
What We Do
Resultz Group offer IANZ Accredited Meth Testing Services.
All meth testing is conducted in accordance with NZ8510:2017 standards. Our technicians can provide expert advice to guide you through the testing process and support you through the remediation process.
- A sample is taken from every room in the property using NIOSH sampling techniques and accredited lab testing kits
- Samples are sent to an IANZ accredited laboratory for analysis
- Comprehensive reporting including recommendations and photographs
What You Get
- Quick response with testing completed meeting your time frames
- Results reported with 48-hour turnaround upon lab receipt
- 24 hour turn around for urgent requirements
- Full report with laboratory results outlining any areas of concern sufficient for insurance and remediation companies
- Follow up guidance and support for any ongoing requirements
For further information, please visit our contact page and fill out our contact form and we will get back to you shortly. Please make sure you fill in all required (*) fields.